The Association of Producers, Importers and Exporters of Fresh Produce (“APIEFP”) is registered by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation by virtue of the decision on the state registration of a non-profit organization dd. July 16, 2014.
An entry on the establishment of the Association has been made into the Unified State Register of Legal Entities on July 29, 2014 under State Registration Number 1147799011942.
As of 14th of September, 2015, the Association had 11 Russian and 11 foreign members operating in fruit and vegetable production, imports and exports.
The Association was established to represent and protect the common interests (including professional and property ones) of the Association’s members operating in fruit and vegetable production, imports and exports, as well as to coordinate their business activities.
In accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation, the main activities of the Association are as follows:
- to represent the common interests of the Association’s members in governmental, non-governmental and international institutions and organizations, federal and local authorities, and courts;
- to participate in developing proposals for governmental authorities in relation to the development and enhancement of the Russian Federation’s legislative and regulatory basis for fruit and vegetable import into the customs territory of the Russian Federation, including the requirements to fresh produce;
- to facilitate providing the Russian population with imported fresh produce;
- to help with scientific research in the fields of fresh produce growing, storage and processing;
- to help fruit and vegetable importers and exporters in their systematic work aimed at ensuring stable quality and safety parameters of fresh produce marketed in the Russian Federation and abroad;
- to monitor prices of fruits and vegetables;
- to counteract unfair trade practices on fresh produce markets;
- to assist in creating and putting into effect the Association’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct;
to coordinate the business activities of the Association’s members.
The objectives of the Association’s activities are as follows:
- assisting Association’s members, fruit and vegetable producers and marketers in geographic diversification of their import and export sales;
- ensuring the Russian Federation’s food security and creating an effective mechanism of importing fresh produce this country in accordance with the international and domestic phytosanitary and hygienic regulations;
- facilitating harmonization and implementation of phytosanitary and hygienic regulations within the common customs space;
- facilitating the development and strengthening of civilized market relationships, improving cooperation on the phytosanitary and hygienic safety of the products to be exported to the Russian Federation;
- assisting the protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the Association’s members in relation to fresh produce growing and marketing;
- establishing a common position on the issues of economic policy in relation to fresh produce exports and imports;
- promoting the establishment and development of business relationships with leading fruit and vegetable producers and distributors from Russia and abroad as well as long-term mutually beneficial cooperation;
- monitoring the phytosanitary and hygienic safety of fresh produce, using the Association’s and its members’ resources;
- representing the Association’s members in the Russian Federation and abroad in governmental, non-governmental and international institutions and organizations, federal and local authorities, courts and arbitration courts having jurisdiction over the Association’s business;
- providing information, consulting, advisory and scientific services to the Association’s members;
- organising exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences, workshops and other not-for-profit events both in the Russian Federation and abroad, participation of the Association’s members in such events.
The Association’s members are the biggest fresh produce suppliers, accounting about 45 per cent of the Russian fruit and vegetable market volume. So they have a significant impact on pricing and range of goods.